10 December 2012

2012 – TOO MUCH TO CELEBRATE


PHILLIP KUNDENI CHIDAVAENZI

The countdown to the 2012 grand finale has begun. It is the season of reflection—of celebration, thanksgiving and, for others, perhaps regretting, mourning. But, at such a time as this, I can’t help joining the psalmist David:

Oh come, let us sing to the Lord!
Let us shout joyfully to the Rock of our salvation.
Let us come before His presence with thanksgiving;
Let us shout joyfully to Him with psalms.
For the Lord is the great God,
And the great King above all gods.
In His hand are the deep places of the earth;
The heights of the hills are His also.
The sea is His, for He made it;

And His hands formed the dry land.
Oh come, let us worship and bow down;
Let us kneel before the Lord our Maker.
For He is our God,

And we are the people of His pasture,

And the sheep of His hand.”
PSALM 95:1-7, NKJV

We, at After God’s Heart, too, have a lot to thank God for. Our membership has reached 69 over the years, with several more passing readers having visited the site from across the globe, according to our live traffic tracking. We are grateful that God has seen it fit to use us as “vessels unto honour” (Tim. 2:21). It’s a calling we accept with humility and honour.

What brings satisfaction to my heart, is that through our interaction with readers, we have realised how much we have impacted lives and that is what we celebrate. I would also like to thank those who have contributed to the blog since its inception—notably my wife Simba Lyn Chidavaenzi, Delta Milayo Ndou, Humphrey Mtandwa, Tanya Warikandwa and Victoria Mtomba—and have enriched it in the process. I must admit that alone, I would not have brought much value to the site. Thank you so much guys…

For me, this year has been particularly special in more ways than one, although they have also been a few pitfalls and stumbling blocks here and there.

Firstly, I would like to thank my Father, Abba, the Lord God Almighty for my marriage on May 26 and the subsequent wedding on June 30. Had it not been for the Lord, with whom all things are possible, then it would not have happened. It was not easy, no, but it happened. Allow me to thank those of my family who walked with me through the uphills and slopes, the straight paths and bends… Sekuru Patrick Chidavaenzi, my guardian father David Kundeni, my brothers Fidelis (Baba Frank Jnr.), Edward and Pascal Chidavaenzi (Baba Eric), my sister Elizabeth and her husband Collen Maenzanise. Thank you all guys for holding my hand.

My bride Simba Lyn and I
My spiritual family from Hope of Glory Ministries International is just something else! Let me salute my spiritual parents, the shepherds of my soul, Dr. Edward and Pastor Joan Chigaru. I am awed by your love, support and humility. I thank you for all that you have done for my family. I will never be able to repay you… My pastors Stephen and Linda Mukuku, Harry and Jane Shokobishi, not forgetting Pastor Barbara Magdalene Nhamo… My brothers and sisters in Christ — Shepherd and Rutendo (you guys are a blessing), Pertunia Ngidi (you’re a God-ordained usher), Martin (your logistics administration of the wedding was out-of-this world), Tafadzwa and Concilia Chikasha, Sharleen Mukuku, Mother Anna Ruwende (your cooking is forever fabulous!)… And many others I have not mentioned by name. I am forever indebted to you…
Pastors Edward & Joan Chigaru with Bishop Jonathan and Edren Masamba
My friend and best man Prince Mahemu and his wife, Mucha, many thanks. Your labour for the Kingdom is not in vain. May God remember you and reward you in 2013. May this be your year of EXPLOSION! Our marriage officers, Bishop Jonathan and Mama Masamba. I thank God for bringing you into my life in 2012.  

The year 2012 saw the birth of Hope of Glory Ministries from Christ Embassy Zimbabwe Group 3. It was a rough patch. Many things were said. We were called many nasty things, rebels. But I thank God because His presence has been manifested in our midst. We have heard Him speak and affirm His calling on Pastor Edward. We have seen the manifestation of spiritual gifts in our midst. We continue to grow.

I would like to thank Apostle Victor Mavhunga under whose covering we operate. He has brought to our doorstep the Adulam Cave Bootcamp. For the first time since I gave my life to Christ in 2007, I was able to go for seven days straight on just water! And the knowledge I acquired during the Boot Camp has revolutionarised my life and my family.

Herdwick Chidavaenzi
During the course of the year, my mother, Herdwick Chidavaenzi, hovered right on the brink of death and slipped into a comma for days a week after she had been diagnosed of sugar diabetes. We feared for her life. But I thank God that because of His grace, today she is healthy and strong. The Lord assured me one night while I was praying for her that “with long life will He satisfy her, and show her His salvation” (Psalm 91:16).

I am thankful for my mother—for her strength, her love and capacity to endure. She is a strong woman for the Lord is her strength.

I thank God even for the trust that our man of God invested in me and my wife, alongside three other young couples, Collin and Veronica Jakarasi, Tafadzwa and Concilia Chikasha as well as Blessed and Constance Murwira to lead Ignite Youth of Glory Ministry. I am forever grateful for the trust and faith invested in us.

My wife, Simba Lyn Chidavaenzi, is a gift. Her strength, her love, innovation, drive, spiritual inclination have all been a blessing to me. I thank the Lord for bringing you into my life, love…

Finally, I thank the Lord for preserving my life. Just a couple of weeks ago, someone I knew very well died in cold-blooded murder in our neighbourhood. I never take my life for granted. But I am thankful that my life "is hidden with Christ in God" (Colossians 3:3). God bless you and may 2013 be your year of manifestation!
   

8 comments:

  1. This year will be the greatest of all time for me. Can simply measure His favor and grace showered forth on me and my family. For many years i have prayed on a request over and over again and this year was my answer. I thank Him for my Foundation and the great opportunity He has open for me. My bother Phillip Kundeni Chidavaenzi thank you for pulling me along with your write up of encouragement through out the year. May the good Lord continue to make you a blessing to touch the lives of others.

    ReplyDelete
  2. God is with you. Keep your blessings and best wishes always!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We praise God for you Phillip, always spiritually filling and refreshing us.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful and full of achievements. Glory be to God!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I thank the Lord so much for his faithfulness. It is because of His grace that 2012 was a year full of miracles and surprises. God bless you and your wife. Keep on shining!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The blog has been a blessing and knowing you has been a blessing as well. May God continue to prosper you in 2013. I do miss the physical interaction though, but I thank God I have access to the blog. Have a Merry Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  7. nonsikelelo c msimango8 March 2013 15:19

    i have only read this now and its March 2013 im so encouraged, thank you so much for sharing with all of us. Simba you are an inspiration, miss you much. Stay blessed

    ReplyDelete
  8. nonsikelelo c msimango8 March 2013 15:21

    you are an inspiration Simba may God bless you and your family. miss you.

    ReplyDelete